Monday, August 27, 2007

Perspective.

Walking up the road to reach the Parco Savello one is hemmed in on either side. All lines draw toward a gate which may or may not be locked. One must choose. I found this view compelling. I wanted to move forward. In fact, I felt that my line of sight was being drawn toward and through the gate, and then over the cliff of horizon. It only added to the topological symbol when upon drawing closer, one found that the road bent to the left rather than terminating at the gate, it gave surprise and an ethereal sense of hope.

At one point the form of the a person appeared behind the gate. Because of the sun, only the silhouette was visible. This was vaguely unsettling, particularly when I looked back to find that area behind the bars empty again.

No comments: